We love Soho, we always have. Around every corner there is something to do, drink, watch or eat. So when the LDN Life team got an email about visiting Iceland below Phonica Records on 51 Poland St, we were sold.
So what is it?
It’s a the brand-new immersive experience that’s been created by Icelandair and will treat visitors to an Icelandic mini break by recreating the land of fire and ice. The event space will allow you to immerse yourself in the true spirit of Iceland surrounded by raw and tranquil vistas, icy wonders and surprising landscapes that have been transported to the underground of Soho. They even brought the Blue Lagoon to the UK for the first time. The surprisingly large space has three different sections, all of which are focused on aspects of Iceland: ice, land and air.
From October 28th until 30th October, Iceland will literally be around the corner from Oxford Street. You can grab a ticket and enjoy the wonderful world of Iceland without the expense.
From navigating your way through a glacier, to relaxing in a geothermal spa, or from sampling the ever-growing music scene an adventure for all ages is just around the corner.
Icelandair Around The Corner is free to attend and open to everyone. To learn more about this ultimate stopover experience and book your ticket today, click here.
View this post on Instagram
There are also special events that will be taking place inside the space at certain times:
- A Blue Lagoon Soundbath event (Saturday 29th October from 9.30am to 10.30am and then on Sunday 30th October from 9.30am to 10.30am)
- A Photo Exhibit and Talk from Benjamin Hardman (Friday 28th October from 12.30pm to 1pm and then on Saturday 29th October from 12.30pm to 1pm)
- The Mini Airwaves festival, featuring live acts from the 2022 Airwaves Festival line-up and DJ (Saturday 29th October from 7.30pm to 10.30pm)
- Family Fun Day (Sunday 30th October, with a sensory dampened hour taking place from 3.30pm)
Verdict: We loved it, they did a great job of making us feel like we were experiencing Iceland, and it’s weird and wonderful culture. We certainly want to visit Iceland even more than we did before.
And if you want to get in the mood, or just love Icelandic music, we recommend listening to Arny Marget who we could have listened to for hours.
Link To Tickets:
- Date: 28th – 30th October 2022
- Opening hours: Open from 10am
- Duration: Visits will take around an hour
- Age requirement: All ages are welcome!
- Location: Phonica Records, 51 Poland St, London W1F 7LZ
- Accessibility: The event is wheelchair accessible
- Cost/Tickets: Free tickets, timed entry. Sign up for tickets here